Countryside Stables Penang- An ideal place for riding horses and getting close to nature. The stable is nestled in the midst of Sungai Burung agriculture area in Balik Pulau, Penang. Located quite a distance away from the city, this area offers a quaint and fresh environment.
Countryside Stables is a privately owned property by Wan Aikhsan & Doris Lim. Their children were horse riders who represented the state of Penang. It all started when Wan Aikhsan’s son, Wan Adam decided to pursue horse riding. Wan Adam started horse riding in primary school. He was trained by a professional trainer from the Penang Turf Club and as he advances in horse riding, more horses were bought and trained to partake in competitions.
We were also informed that special kids visit the Countryside Stables Penang for therapy riding. Countryside Stables Penang is opened to the public not for profit but for the love of horses.
Did You Know?
- As of now, the Countryside Stables Penang houses 36 animals of various breeds including adult horses, ponies, miniature horses, deer, and donkeys.
- There are many breeds of Horses: Australian horse breed, Argentina pony, Appaloosa horse breed (first in Penang), Uruguay horse breed, Australian Pony, Cambodian Pony, Arabian horse breed and more.
- Horses are imported from Australia, Europe and the USA
- The proper method of touching a horse where you stroke with the back of your hand at an angle that is not higher than the horse’s head. The saddles purchased are measured accordingly to all horse sizes instead of a one-size saddle. This is to prevent saddles from getting too tight when the horse grows bigger which will cause discomfort to the horses. Prices of expensive saddles can go up to $30,000 in which most were made from France
- Miniature Ponies in the stable are not more than 32-inch in height
- Circle of Arena is catered especially for beginner riders and for training purposes. You also can have a Joy Ride or guided ride there.
- Closed and shaded Indoor Arena with ceiling fans are built to host school activities and special events
- Mini Deer Farm houses a family of deer. You can feed the deer with the carrots provided (charges apply).
- Animal Petting
- Horse Carriage (Within Arena – 400 meter)
Countryside Stables Penang
Operation Hours: 2.00pm – 7.00pm, Daily
Address: Lot 10050 Jalan Sungai Burung, Kampong Jalan Baru, Balik Pulau, 11000 Penang, Malaysia.
Contact Number: +6012 408 0678
*picture credit : Countryside Stables Penang’s Facebook
Enjoy your stay at Hard Rock Hotel Penang.Visit hotel website