Chinese New Year is the time of the year for family gatherings and a time of feasting with loved ones. If you are thinking of a simple and delicious dish for the reunion dinner, you may like “Steamed Cod Fish with Superior Soya Sauce”. Chef Sunny from Concorde Hotel Singapore shares his recipe.
- 130g Cod fish Fillet
- 10g Spring Onion
- 10g Chinese Parsley
- 2tbs Peanut Oil (Make it hot first)
- 1 Chili
- 5g Spring Onion
- 5g Chinese Parsley
- 10g Ginger
- 2tbs Sugar
- 3tbs Soy sauce
- 1tbs Chicken powder
- 50ml Water
- Slice spring onion, Chinese parsley and chili to long thin stripes, similar to matchsticks.
- Slice ginger.
- Mix soy sauce, chicken powder, sugar, spring onion, ginger slice and Chinese parsley in a small pot.
- Add 50ml of water to the pot of mixture and bring it to boil for 3-5 minutes. Taste the sauce.
- Steam the cod fish fillet for about 6 minutes until cooked.
- Top the fish with spring onion and pour the hot peanut oil over.
- Pour the pot of sauce over the fish.
- Garnish with Chinese parsley and chili and the dish is ready to be served.