Welcome to the April edition of our Monthly Happenings. Find out what’s happening in and around our hotels this month and be sure to check it out if you’re in the area!
The second quarter of the year has crept up and we’re celebrating Songkran and Easter this April. Are you celebrating them too?
Hotel Promotions & Happenings
Take time off with your kids or by yourself. Recharge and enjoy your holiday. Enjoy the latest offerings from our hotels.
- The Boathouse Phuket – Plan that last minute holiday to Phuket and enjoy 25% off.
- Hard Rock Hotel Bali – Bed, breakfast, airport transfer, spa and laundry all included. What’s not to love when we’ve got it all covered?
- Concorde Hotel Singapore – Enjoy up to 20% off for that last minute staycation and be guaranteed a late check-out at 4pm.
- Gili Lankanfushi Maldives – Visiting practitioner Dr. Aaron Bullington will be there to support as you celebrate and discover the richness of your own healing journey.
- The Boathouse Phuket – Beat April’s Heat with 4 hours free flow of a variety of Rosé from New and Old World varietals
Out & About – Events not to be missed
If you happen to be in these cities, be sure to check out these events and festivals happening!
LOL Fest 2017
24 March till 15 April 2017
A festival that celebrates the most contagious of human expressions – LAUGHTER! The annual comedy festival in Kuala Lumpur will play host to over 50 comedians performing in 9 different shows, featuring an eclectic mix of local and international comedy performers. If comedy is your thing, be sure to be in for an abs-olutely good time!
Shows also vary for different age groups with dual show ratings of ‘U’ and ’18+’
HSBC World Rugby Singapore Sevens 2017
15 – 16 April 2017
The HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series 2016/17 season is back in Singapore. The only Southeast Asian stop for the Sevens Series, be entertained with edge-of-your-seat action as 16 countries take to the pitch for some world class rugby action. The two day fiesta ensures you’ll be entertainment, pitch side or not.
Picture credit HSBC Singapore 7s
Penang International Food Festival
15 – 30 April 2017
Themed Past, Present and Future, the Penang International Food Festival promises a gastronomic feast that celebrates diverse flavours from amazing talents of Penang’s culinary scene. For 16 days, Penang will be a foodies’ paradise as the old and new will be brought together to sizzle and excite your palate the Penang way. For the foodie in you, it’s time to take a trip there now!
Picture credit PIFF
Pattaya Wan Lai Festival
19 April 2017
Songkran officially lasts three days but in Pattaya, festivities lasts a full week, with the last day (Wan Lai Festival on 19 April) being the craziest. On Wan Lai Day, be prepared to arm yourself with a water dispenser of some sort – whether a water gun or the traditional bucket and expect to be splashed and soaked. An additional weapon you are likely to encounter during Songkran in Pattaya is a mysterious white paste mix talcum powder and water so expect to end up with white hand prints all over!
Picture credit bangkok.com